Gerry Grant

Gerry Grant
On The Wheel

Saturday 2 May 2020

Knitting, knitting and more knitting...

I only really have time to knit at night while I'm watching television - it just comes naturally to me - sit down and knit.
I've done a lot more since March. Up to date I have knitted a shawl for me, two cardigans for my grand daughters and two jumpers for newborn babies. I just finished the last one today - made up of yarn I have had left over from other projects.

To finish  here's a piece from a poem written by someone called Jessie Pope, who lived from 1868 to 1941. It is from a collection of poems put together by Di Slaney called "Ten poems about knitting"!

"The busy hands may be rough or white,
The fingers gouty or slim,
The careful eyes may be youthfully bright,
Or may be weary and and dim.
Lady and worksgirl, young and old,
They've all got one end in view,
Knitting warms comforts against the cold,
For me and for you." 



No comments:

Post a Comment