Gerry Grant

Gerry Grant
On The Wheel

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Reasons to be cheerful - going global!

I am so chuffed that my blog, "Reasons to be cheerful..." has gone global! When you go onto the editing page, you can see where the viewers are coming from. To date most of the viewers are in the UK, as expected, but there are a few in Portugal, Cyprus, the USA and one each in Singapore and India. That's exciting!

And yesterday I eventually sent off an order to the USA, which was a bit of a trial. The customer had visited Scotland a few years ago and had bought a chalice set from Iona Abbey, but unfortunately had broken it. He managed to trace us down - (we have been supplying Iona Abbey for about 30 years), and ordered a new set.

So I researched how much postage was going to be via a carrier - too much, so then took it to the post office to see how much they would charge. They informed me that not all states were accepting deliveries and wanted to know which state it was going to but I hadn't checked. Anyway, the customer was quite happy to pay the £18 cost and I took a risk and took it back to the post office. Fortunately Michigan state wasn't in a state of lockdown, so it's gone now.....



No comments:

Post a Comment