Gerry Grant

Gerry Grant
On The Wheel

Sunday 31 January 2021

The Viking Invasion has begun

 We've just been accepted to have a stand at the River Art market in York in the summer, starting in June.  York has a long history - evidence remains of Roman, Anglo Saxon and Viking settlements and people come from all over the world to soak up it's history. Of course last year that didn't happen, and I don't think we'll have many foreign visitors this year - but people will be coming to York from the rest of the UK. I am getting ready to sell our novelty items to those tourists and what better than "Eric Bloodaxe Vikings"? I began to make them today.... first day of making things since Christmas........


  Some of my little Vikings have horns on their helmets - not truly authentic, but popularised by Kirk Douglas's film "The Vikings".

 For authenticity the helmets had noseguards- which I make as well for purists.

I just hope the pandemic is under control by the summer and we can get back to a bit of normality and that the shows and exhibitions can go ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment