Gerry Grant

Gerry Grant
On The Wheel

Saturday 29 August 2020

Home produce....

 This year we having been growing lots of our own produce and have been taking better care of it than we normally do. This led to a glut of cherries and plums, a lot of which I froze.

.. I made some cherry vodka with the cherries and bottled it (after a lot of sampling) this morning. My intentions are to keep it until Christmas. I used the last of the plums to make a Chinese style plum sauce and that is in the freezer.

This afternoon I spent in the pottery putting some mice on mugs and sugar basins. We have put some of the "mouse range" in the oatmeal - blue glaze  into a gallery called Art and Soul in Beverley , and that has depleted our stock. It'll be a couple of weeks before they come through.

Gerry has packed the large kiln to biscuit fire some more pots so that we can have a glaze firing in the large gas kiln. I think we have only fired that three times since March!

No comments:

Post a Comment