Gerry Grant

Gerry Grant
On The Wheel

Monday 6 July 2020

At last a firing in the big kiln!


Today we had enough pots to glaze and then fire in the big kiln. This wasn't due to quantity - in fact there weren't that many to do. BUT we had some big pots to go in - a bird bath, two wall planters for me and enough other pots to make it worthwhile.

Photos below show Gerry weighing out glaze materials as we make up our own glazes from raw materials. Once glazed, some of the pots had to have a band painted round the top, which is what I am doing.






However we were momentarily distracted by a red kite which was flying at roof top height over our neighbour's house. It must have spotted something and stayed their long enough for me to get my phone and take a photo. It is moments like these when I wish I had a really good camera!


No comments:

Post a Comment